150g unsalted butter
75g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
5 tsps strawberry jam
120g plain flour; extra for rolling
100g semolina flour
1. Line the baking tray with baking paper. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In a mixing bowl, bear the butter and sugar until fluffy and light in color. Add the flour mix. Beat until the ingredients mix and dough comes together in a ball.
3. Dust the work counter top and roll the dough out into a circle with about 5 mm thickness.
4. Use your favorite shape-cutter or even cut into equal-size squares. Sprinkle half of the short breads with caster sugar. With a thin-edged spatula transfer biscuits to the prepared bakery tray.
5. Keep the tray in the freezer for 20 minutes until biscuits are firm.
6. Bake chilled biscuits for 20 minutes until slightly begin to turn golden on the edges.
7. Set biscuits aside for at least one hour to completely cool down.
8. Add 1 tsp strawberry jam in the middle of each plain biscuits; leave 1 cm space on the edges. Put the sprinkled side on the top and lightly press.
Semolina flour gives these yummy biscuits an earthy crunch texture. If you do not have this type of flour, just stay with your regular pastry flour. This is a simple recipe that could be used to make in occasions-appropriate or desired shape. For Valentine’s Day, of course I used heart-shaped cutters.
I keep these Strawberry Biscuits at least one week in a closed container at room temperature. They are a real treat!
Preparation: 30 minutes; Baking Time: 20 minutes
- Tags: Healthy Weight loss Meal Planning, Strawberry biscuits, Valentine's day biscuits, Valentine's day recipe, Valentine's day short bread, Vancouver diet specialist, Vancouver health and fitness, Vancouver health coach, Vancouver healthy diet plans, Vancouver healthy eating, Vancouver healthy nutrition, Vancouver Healthy Personalized Weight Loss, Vancouver Natural, vancouver nutrition expert, Vancouver personal fitness coach, Vancouver personal meal plan, Vancouver Personal Weight Loss tools, Vancouver Personalized life style coach, vancouver personalized weight loss, Vancouver weight loss, vancouver weight loss coach, Vancouver weight loss counseling, Vancouver Weight Loss Diet, vancouver weight loss expert, Vancouver weight loss nutritionist, Vancouver Weight Loss Planning, Vancouver Weight Loss Program, Vancouver weight loss specialist, Vancouver weight loss trainer