- 300 g Beef Salami, cut into small pieces.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- ½ each yellow and green bell pepper seeded and cut into cube size pieces
- 250 g green beans, cut
- 1 bunch leak or chives, cut for garnish
- 1-teaspoon oregano, dried or fresh
- 8 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup milk or cream
- Black pepper and salt
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 200 g mushrooms
- ½ cup provolone cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- In a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, add a tablespoon vegetable oil and sauté onion and salami pieces until golden. Add the green and red pepper and green beans. Sauté for two minutes. At the end, add mushrooms, lemon juice, and oregano. Remove from heat.
- 3. In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites and add a pinch of salt. A stiff peaks will form. In another bowl beat the egg yolks and add the flour, milk and a teaspoon of black pepper. Mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites into yolk mix with a rubber spatula.
- In a baking dish, melt butter and a tablespoon vegetable oil
- Melt butter and a tablespoon vegetable oil in the baking dish. Pour half of the egg mixture into the dish. Scatter the salami vegetable fillings on the top, and then sprinkle the provolone cheese over the Salami filling. Then, pour the remaining egg mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese. Put back into the oven for five minutes until golden brown.
I serve the omelets with its baking dish with fresh whole-wheat sesame bread. This is a great dish for brunch meals. It is a great source of protein with a good portion of vegetables and fiber.
This dish serve 6 people.