Japanese Style Teriyaki Chicken
2 medium onion, coarsely sliced
2 broccoli heads, cut into florets
700g boneless chicken legs
1 large zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
6 cups jasmine or sushi rice
1 1/2 chicken teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon sesame or vegetable oil
2 tablespoon sesame seeds to garnish
1. In a sauce pan, bring teriyaki sauce into boil over low heat and cook until it thickens. If the teriyaki sauce is thick just keep hot.
2. Mean while, in a pot, add 8 cups of water and 1 teaspoon salt to the rice and cook until fully cooked.
3. Preheat grill pan. Brush the chicken pieces with a little of the sesame or vegetable oil, place on the pan, and cook for 15 minutes, until golden brown on each side. Grill onions in the same pan for few minutes until golden grilled.
4. Heat the sesame oil in a preheated wok or heavy-base skillet saute the zucchini for 3 minutes. Set aside. Then, saute the broccoli for 3 minutes and add 2 tablespoon of soy sauce. Cover and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Serve chicken and vegetables over the rice in individual bowls. Top with hot teriyaki sauce. Garnish sesame seeds.
This dish serves 6-7 people.
This dish is quick, healthy, and irresistibly delicious. I made this dish when two of my friends came over for dinner without planning. The total preparation and cooking time was no longer than hals an hour!
The sweet taste of teriyaki sauce, grilled chicken, and aroma of sesame oil are just too good to be described in words. I think this is a must-try-at-home recipe!