Dark Chocolate Raisin Muffin
This is a simple and quick recipe that taste delicious. If you have friends coming over and you want to have a real treat for them, this is the one recipe.
The preparation time is 5-10 minutes and cooking time is only 20 minutes.
As well, unlike the commercially prepared muffins, these muffins do not contain any shortening and trans fat. I used almond oil, which is among the healthiest plant oils. Feel free to use any vegetable oil that you have available at home.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, extra for greasing
- 1 and half cups butter milk*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 and half cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisin
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. grease 12 large muffin cups with Oil.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, honey, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix all the wet ingredients with fork or an electric mixer. Sift the flour and add salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir in the wet ingredients. Make sure not to over mix.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and raisin. The batter will look a little chunky which is totally fine.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 F and then turn the temperature down to 375 and bake for 15 more minutes. Do not open the oven door in the first 12 minutes!
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.